How to Play PS4 Games On PS5 – Backward compatibility is the term used to describe Play Station’s 5 ability to play games from its previous consoles i.e PS4 games. Thus gamers can now play PS4 games on PS5 with ease thus reducing the need to get more PS5 games.
This feature sounds great but it doesn’t work on every game. Yes, Sony had stated that an “Overwhelming Majority” of PS4 games will be functional on PS5 but there are a lot of PS4 games and your favorite game could easily be part of the section of games that don’t work on PS5.
PS4 Games and PS5 Backward Compatibility
There is also the probability that some PS4 games might have issues running smoothly on a Play Station 5. Here is the list of PS4 games that are not backward compatible with PS5;
- Afro Samurai.
- Hitman Go; Definitive edition.
- Just Deal With It.
- Robinson; The Journey.
- TT Isle Of Man – Ride on the Edge.
- We Sing.
These games have the “Playable on: PS4 Only” tag attached to it on the PlayStation store.
Sony also tagged some PS4 games susceptible to errors, glitches, and bugs. Note that any PS4 game on the PlayStation Store with a “When Playing On PS5, this game may exhibit errors or unexpected behavior and some features available on PS4 may be absent” tag are included in this list.
How to Play PS4 Games On PlayStation 5
It’s either you are playing the game via its disc or you downloaded it from the PlayStation store. Either way, you’d have to upgrade the game.
- Log in to PS5.
- Put in the PS4 game disc.
- Go to “Game Hub” for the PS4 game.
- Select an upgrade offer for the game. Depending on your choice, it might not be free.
- Then download the PS5 digital game. Get on with playing your game knowing that you won’t be able to play the game if you remove the disc. Guess it’s better to go digital.
- Sign in to PS5 then locate and open the game.
- Go to “Game Hub”.
- Select an upgrade plan with the knowledge that there are paid plans
- Download the PS5 digital game.