How to Get iOS 14 On Your iPhone – If you went through my earlier article on the IOS 14 features, you would come to find out the IOS 14 is not out. It might not be out until later this year around September or early October and its release might harmonize with that of iPhone 12.
For now, the only IOS 14 OS available is the beta version. This implies that this operating system is still in its testing phase. So back to the question of how to get IOS 14 on your iPhone? It’s not really bad that you are in a haste to get the new OS on your device but you should know what you are getting into.
More About the IOS 14 Beta
Note that all iPhones from iPhone 6S upwards will be able to get the IOS 14 Beta and the IOS 14 when it’s released later in the year. The IOS 14 Beta is still being tested and it’s not stable hence you might experience bugs and glitches after installing the IOS 14 to your device.
It’s very important to back-up your device before proceeding with any of the steps below, in case things do not go as planned. Updating any device operating system always has some risks involved, not to talk of installing a beta version of a not yet officially released OS.
You could get the IOS 14 beta in two ways; Either through the IOS 14 Beta for developers or the IOS 14 Beta for Public. If your device is compatible, get down to the steps below.
How to Get the IOS 14 Beta for Public
- Register for the Apple Beta Program by visiting beta.apple.com on your device web browser. Then click on “Sign Up” and follow the site’s prompt to complete your registration.
- Once you successfully sign in, locate and click on “Get Started”. You will be taken to a new page to guide you.
- Next, select “Enroll Your Device”.
- Click on the Install Profile link to download the Configuration page.
- Go to Settings on your device. Select “General” and next “Software Update”.
- Proceed to install the IOS 14 Beta on your device by clicking on the Update option, “Install”.
How to Get the IOS 14 Beta For Developer
It’s still almost the same process as getting the public version although you’d be visiting another website and you’d have to pay for this one. The IOS Developer program is an official program for IOS users.
Registering for it put you in an exclusive list of people who get to know of all updates and developments made to IOS systems.
- Open the web browser on your device and type developer.apple.com/programs/enroll.
- Scroll down and proceed to register.
- Once you’ve successfully registered, navigate to the “Downloads” section. You could also search developer.apple.com/download on your web browser.
- Tap on the Hamburger menu in the top left corner and select “Downloads”.
- Scroll down and select “IOS 14 Beta” and click on the “Install Profile” button.
- Once its installed, go to your device Settings app. Select “General”, thereafter “Profile”.
- Then select the new “Profile Downloaded” option.
- Now, you can “Download and Install” the IOS 14 Beta.
Note: Once you’ve successfully installed the IOS 14 Beta from Apple’s webpage, all you need to do is visit your device settings. There you would find the option to update your device OS to the IOS 14 Beta.