How to Close Amazon Sellers Account – Amazon is one of the best platforms when it comes to online marketing. Not just for buyers but also for people looking to sell one thing or the other.
It creates a platform where buyers and sellers can interact over commodities amicably. Amazon is not really the best online marketing platform for sellers. It tends to supports buyers more often than sellers and this might give you the thought about closing your seller’s account.
This and many other variable reasons might make you consider closing your amazon account. Now the question is how to close your Amazon sellers account?
What Happens When You Close Amazon Sellers Account
Closing your Amazon sellers account technically closes your account with Amazon implying that you won’t be able to use any of Amazon services. It also closes your buyer account.
Amazon won’t be able to reactivate your account after it has been closed. Basically, you cut all ties with Amazon so before you close your amazon sellers account check the listings below.
Also, closing a North America Unified Account will shut down all other accounts linked to you.
Finally, closing your Amazon account also means you won’t be able to open another one. This means that you are done selling on Amazon forever, guess it might be better to downgrade your account.
Steps to Take Before Closing Your Account
- Successfully fulfill all orders hence finish all orders.
- Completely clear your account, withdraw and pay all payments. Make sure you have a zero balance in your account.
- Complete all pending transactions with buyers.
- Finalize all refunds transactions if there is.
- Wait 90 days after your last sale. Amazon’s caution for A-to-Z guarantee claims.
- Check your bank account info and confirm that it’s correct verifying that you can receive your final payment.
Things To Consider Instead Of Closing Your Amazon Sellers Account
- Downgrade Your Account from professional seller account to personal seller account hence reducing your subscription fees.
- Go on Vacation: Sign in to your account, go to Seller Central page, and then “Settings”. Under settings choose “Account Info” and select “Vacation Settings”. Choose “Inactive” and then tap on “Submit”.
- Close all or some product listings that you wish to.
- Sell your Amazon sellers account.
How to Close Your Amazon Sellers Account
You’ve made up your mind to close your Amazon sellers account. Go to Amazon contact us page at sellercentral.amazon.com and sign in to your Amazon seller’s account.
Locate and click on “Close Your Account” and proceed to fill the close account form. When you are done, tap on “Submit”.
Alternatively, you could scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap on “Contact Seller Support”. Choose how you’d like to contact Amazon, live chat, or call. Then tell the Amazon agent you’d like to close your Amazon sellers account.