AOL Mail – AOL Mail which is Stylized as Aol Mail is a free web-based email service provided by AOL, a division of Verizon communications. Sometimes this service is referred as AIM mail that stuck stands for AOL instant messenger.
However, on March 16, 2017, Verizon which had acquired AOL in 2015, announced that it would discontinue its in-house email services for internet subscribers and migrate all customers to AOL Mail.
AOL Mail Review
Also, it will interest you to know that email attachment of AOL mail is 25 MB and the maximum mailbox size is 1,000 new messages, 4,000 old messages, and 4,000 sent messages per scan name, and it has the following supported protocols POP3, SMTP, IMAP. It can also be linked to other email accounts from other service providers such as Gmail and Hotmail.
Inclusively, the AOL Mail platform tolerated the display of Ads on its interface while working with the Email account. Note that embedded links within emails are automatically disabled and can only be activated by the email user, one good thing to note is that this communication platform protects users account against spam and virus also while using this platform it checks on your spelling.
Lastly, if an AOL Mail account is inactive for 90 days, it may become deactivated, at which point any emails sent to it may not be delivered and in that regards returned to the sender, and after 180 days of inactivity, the account may be deleted.
Benefits of AOL Mail
Having had a glance above, you will see the nature of the AOL Mail web communication platform. Under this heading we are to be talking about the special type of services you can gain from AOL Mail, thus:
- It will interest you to know that just by having an AOL Mail account you have instant messaging, browsing, search, content, and dial-up connectivity all in one Desktop Software.
- We also have what is called the AOL Shield, which is the browser protection with advanced security features to help protect your information, even if you are shopping, banking you can worry less about online threats.
- Also, this platform enables users to search for jobs and get resources to help manage career transitions.
- Having an AOL mail account provides services such as Photobucket which can contain about 13GB photos storage plus print offers.
- Having a fast AOL Mail gives you a free mail platform for communication and you are guaranteed to have a world-class spam and virus protection.
- AOL mail account also enables its users to link up with other email account service provider.
- Also, this communication platform with its auto-reply messages feature ensures there is a swift conversation for Account users.
How To Set Up An AOL Email Account.
- Go to the application website which is mail.aol.com
- The AOL sign-in page will appear, which has a space for sign in and sign up.
- Click sign up since you want to create an account.
- The page that will appear is your Biodata page, which you fill in the necessary fields and click continue.
- Next is the page to enter the verification code sent to you on your mobile device.
- Congratulations you have successfully created your AOL mail account.