Sign up for Lyft as a passenger ensures that you always get a ride when you need one providing you with affordable and comfortable varieties of services. It operates in 644 cities in the U.S and 12 cities in Canada.
For Lyft services to be available in your town, city or state, you city must be in their Coverage area. This decides where passengers can request rides from and where drivers could get ride requests. A passenger must be in a Lyft specified coverage area to request a ride although they (passengers) can request rides outside coverage areas.
Why Sign Up For Lyft
Lyft Little history
There are a lot of reasons to sign up for lyft, it brings ease to transportation by creating a platform where drivers and passengers could meet. This platform was originally developed as a service known as Zimride in 2007. Zimride is a long-distance carpooling company.
After some years, Logan Green and John Zimmer, the developers of Zimride looked to improve Zimride by making sure the passengers and drivers are quite acquainted with each other before a ride. By 2013 Zimride changed its name to Lyft a ridesharing company for short trips within a city.
Basically Lyft was a dream to improve the world’s transport system. Below are some reasons to sign up for Lyft;
- Get to your destination faster by being able to request a ride anywhere, anytime.
- You could also get to know some things about your driver or passenger.
- As a driver, you could earn money by applying for a driver position with lyft.
- Lyft is an Uber Alternative. If you do not want to use Uber, you could try Lyft.
- Lyft has promo codes and referral rewards. Stand to win a prize from lyft when you sign up or refer someone to lyft.
How to Sign Up Lyft
Download the app and open it. Stick to these guides;
- Tap on Get Started.
- Put in your mobile number on the phone number tab and tap on next.
- Retrieve a verification code sent to your mobile number via SMS and enter it into the verification box.
- Fill in your details, First name, last name, and email address. Preview the terms of service and if you are good with it, check the box.
- Select whether or not you want notifications from Lyft.
Now you’ve signed up, you could proceed to use Lyft passenger’s services.
Sign Up Process for Drivers
Download the Lyft drivers app and proceed to register. To register you will need to check Lyft’s driver requirements. Navigate to lyft.com/driver-application-requirements on your web browser, get all the listed requirements.
Now you could proceed to register or apply. You could also apply on the page where you checked the requirements by scrolling down a little and clicking on the link under the “Apply” topic. Once you’ve uploaded your documents, passed the background check and gotten approved you can start earning from Lyft.
Do download the driver app and open it to assist you and make your job easier.