Instagram Live is about to take a whole new turn with the latest feature added to it. This new feature will allow users to run joint live streams from four different screens. Basically, on Instagram Live, you can broadcast live, you and three other people to the Instagram community.
Doesn’t seem like much, from 2-4 but for Instagram users who go on Instagram live a lot or for Instagram users who do interviews through their Instagram live broadcast, this is a big win; From being to add just one person to a live stream to be able to add three, very exciting news.
What these Changes?
Instagram in a blog post said, “We hope that doubling up on Live will open up more creative opportunities – start a talk show, host a jam session or co-create with other artists, host more engaging Q&As or tutorials with your following, or just hang out with more of your friends.”
Content creators on Instagram can use this feature to make their feeds on Instagram more interesting. Life feeds on Instagram could get more interesting for streamers with live rooms of up to four different celebs on Instagram live or a popular Instagram live interview show that can now invite three more people to its show instead of one.
How to Use this New Feature
Instagram live update release began late last year as of December and has been speculated about since the launch of Instagram Live in 2017. The pandemic made the speculations worse with Instagram Live users asking how they can increase the number of people that can join a live video.
Well, Instagram finally has an answer.
- Update the Instagram app on your device and open it.
- Swipe left on your Instagram newsfeed page and pick the life option.
- Edit the live video to your taste and tap on the “Rooms” icon to add guests.
- Next, you will see requests from people who want to go live with you. You can add a person at once or three at the same time.
- Start the live stream when you’re ready. As the broadcaster, you will remain at the top of the Instagram live room screen.