Hotmail Sign in- Hotmail service is one of the first webmail services. It was founded by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith. it existed alongside Four11’s Rocket Mail which was later known as Yahoo! Mail. This webmail was commercially launched on July 4, 1996.
However, in December 1997 Hotmail was sold to Microsoft for a reported price of $400 million. It was then it joined the MSN group of services. Thus, Hotmail gained popularity as it was localized for different markets around the globe.
It is pertinent to note that Hotmail is one of the very first services to offer free web-based e-mail in the world, as far back as 1996. When Microsoft acquired Hotmail in 1997 they launched it as MSN Hotmail and later rebranded it to Windows Live Hotmail. Furthermore, as of 2011 Hotmail had a whopping sum of 360 million users per month.
Moreover, Hotmail was in the year 2013 replaced with the name Outlook.com. This featured Microsoft Metro design language and closely mimics the interface of Microsoft Outlook. As a result of the change of name and upgrade of the communication system of Hotmail to Outlook in the year April 3, 2013, the existing users of Hotmail were forced to upgrade to Outlook.com.
While they still retained their “@hotmail.com” email address, password, messages, folders, contacts, rules, vacation replies, etc. Although these users were giving the option to convert their mail account to “@outlook.com”.
Benefits of using Hotmail Sign in
We all know that Gmail is what rules the online mailing ground. Little do people know that Hotmail has a few advantages which will make people appreciate it and begin to use it.
Here we are going to talk about those few things that will make you want to have a Hotmail communication account. Thus:
This is a wonderful feature of Hotmail that will enable the user to group their emails by type, so they can search related emails quickly when needed.
Avail Microsoft Office support
Although in other mail Account such as Google you can open and edit Office documents in Gmail too. However, Hotmail has more file compatibility and offers direct Microsoft Office support.
Connect to Facebook Chat
Prominent mail accounts such as Google prefers a closed circle like Google+. Outlook allows its users to chat with their friends on Facebook, thereby allowing you to socialize on Facebook.
Hotmail communication platform is helpful in contact management since it synchronizes all major social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Hotmail also sends an email notification to users on their Birthdays and any memorable social events.
I know many net surfers get crazy when there are so many Ads. These are advertisements pop-up on their screen, thus, your Hotmail account is known for not showing much of these Ads as Google does and statics has it that they are 60% less.
Exchange Active Sync support
This another wonderful feature of Hotmail which is solely designed for corporate users in order to sync contacts, mail, and calendar. It is worthy to note that outreach does this free whereas some other email accounts don’t. For instance, Gmail encourages the use of the paid Google Apps service.
Thus with the above highlighted benefits of Hotmail, you can believe as i that Hotmail still has a lot to offer to you on the low.
How to set up a Hotmail Account For Hotmail Sign Up
Having in mind that the then Hotmail that was the people’s choice is still giving out their very best under Microsoft Outlook account and this account can only be created through the Outlook Website. Thus, the following are the steps to create a Hotmail account:
- Open the Microsoft Outlook website by going to https://www.outlook.com/ on your web browser.
- Then click on Create account which is a link at the top right side of the page.
- Next is to tap on Create your email address. This you can achieve by typing in your preferred email name into the “New email”. You can select your email address’ domain either (@outlook.com or @hotmail.com) by clicking the downward-facing arrow on the right side of the “New email” field and then clicking the domain that you want to use in the drop-down menu.
- Enter a password. This is done by typing the password you want to use into the “create password” text field that’s below the “New email” field. Make sure that your password includes a combination of letters and numbers to protect your account.
- The next step is an optional provision that states Un-check the “send me promotional emails from Microsoft” box. If you don’t want to receive product offers from Microsoft, unchecking this box will opt-out of Microsoft’s promotional email list. If you are willing to get the promotional emails then you skip this step.
- Click next which is found under the “Create password” text box.
- Enter your first and last name. Do this by typing your first name into the “First name “text field, then type your last name into the “Last name”.
- Click Next.
- Select a country code. Although outlook automatically detect and fill this information for you
- Enter your date of birth.
- Click Next.
- Enter the verification code.
- Click Next. At this point, clicking next create your account for you and take you to Outlook tutorial.
How to Sign in to Hotmail or Sign into Outlook.com
Having seen the 13 steps to create or set up a Hotmail account. The next step is to know how to sign in to your Hotmail account
- Visit the Outlook.com sign–in page and click on the “Sign in” button
- Type in your email address or phone number correctly and click on Next
- On the next page, put in your password.
- Then select Sign in.
Users enjoy your Hotmail now Microsoft Outlook.com communication platform. This is still pretty one of the most secure and ad-free email service to use.