Google Drive Download – Launched on the 24th of April 2012, Google Drive is an online file hosting service allows users to store files on their servers thereby allowing the co-existence of files on different devices. It also allows users to share files and provide apps that can help users edit and manage files.
I am sure we’ve all heard of G Suite, Google’s solution to business’s needs online. Google Drive is an important component of G Suite offering free 15GB of storage. Although it could offer up to 30 terabytes of storage space, for that, you’d have to subscribe.
Google Drive App works on almost all kinds of devices; PC (Mac, Windows), Chromebooks, iOs including iPads or iPhones, and Android Smartphones. It can be downloaded on any of these devices and function perfectly.
How to download Google Drive App
Google Drive offers office apps (Google One, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides) that make files managing very simple. The amazing thing about its services is the fact that its 15GB free storage does not account for those apps. It also allows the storage of pictures and videos at high quality for free.
Before proceeding to download, ensure your device meets these requirements for the app to fully function on your device;
- PC running Windows 7 or later.
- Macs running OS X Lion or later.
- Android devices running Android 4.1 or later.
- iOS devices running iOS 8 or later.
To download the Google Drive App; Do visit your device’s app store and locate the Google Drive App by using the app store’s search bar. Its logo is an equilateral triangle colored green (right), yellow (left), and blue (bottom). Once you find it, click on it and proceed to download.
If you can’t download the app from your app store, you could try any of these options;
- Open your browser and search Google Drive download. Select any of the options provided by your search engine to download the app but be careful of malicious sites. Personally, I’d advise you to download from your app store or nothing. If you keep experiencing issues, visit the Google customer care.
- Or you could use Google Drive from its website, google.com/drive. Click on the Go to Drive button at the top right corner of the page. This will directly take you to your Google drive page with all your files.
You could keep using the website prior to the time you rectify the issue with your device not being able to download the Google Drive app.
Now you’ve gotten the app, you could create, edit, manage, upload, share, organize, and download files.
How to Download a File from Google Drive
Google Drive also allows you to save files from its servers directly to your device. So if a file was transferred to you or you are about to transfer a file, you could save a soft copy to your device.
To do this;
- Open the Google Drive app thereby launching it.
- Locate the file you want to download.
- Tap on the three vertical dots at the bottom of the file.
- From the options given, select download. Wait for some seconds for the file to download to your device.
Once it has downloaded successfully, you will be notified, click on the notification to view the file on your device’s storage.