Facebook Restricted List – Being on Facebook means you have to be social and being social warrants sharing of information to an extent. Most of our friends on Facebook are recommended to us by Facebook based on our activities on Facebook. An average Facebook user gets up to 3 – 5 friends requests a week most times from people you might have no idea of their personality.
There are some posts or contents you’d prefer some of your Facebook friends not to see and if you are like me, you’d prefer some information about your posts to be seen only by few friends. There are also some friends that are beginning to take your Facebook life too personal or maybe you have a friend that monitors your every action on Facebook. Have got a solution that might just work, and it does not include blocking, unfriending, or deleting.
It’s called a Restriction list, all you have to do is add any Facebook friend to this list and watch your problems get solved. This list enables you to keep some of the things you do on Facebook private. This ensures not everything you do on Facebook can be seen by any friend you put on that list.
How to Add Someone to Your Facebook Restriction List
It is extremely easy and not time-consuming. Let’s get to it;
- Open Facebook, log in, and navigate to your Friends List.
- Locate and select the friend you want to add to the list.
- Head to the friend’s profile page.
- Click on the Friends rectangular box at the bottom of their cover photo.
- From the options, choose to Add to another List or Edit Friend.
- From the next set of options, select Restricted.
Well, you just added someone to the list successfully. If I was a friend of yours on Facebook, I’d hate to be on this list. This is because you just exempted me from seeing your posts and activities on Facebook.
You might be in doubt or maybe you just want to check the restriction list, there’s also a way to do that and it’s also very simple. Follow this same process to manage the list i.e to remove someone you’ve added.
How to View Your Facebook Restriction List
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Navigate to the Explore Section just by the left from your News Feed page.
- Tap on Friends> See more..
- Select Restricted and then click on the Manage list.
- Choose Edit List. A list of everyone you’ve added to the list will appear.
- In case you change your mind and you want to remove someone, click on the X at the top right corner of their profile picture.
- When you are done, click on Finish.
After adding someone to your Facebook Restriction list, when posting you could decide to enable whoever you added to still view your posts. Locate and click on the drop-down menu at the bottom of the content you are about to post. Choose from the privacy options;
- If you choose Friends, your friends on your restricted list won’t see the post. So your Restriction list settings stand.
- If you choose Public, as the name suggests, everyone on Facebook will view your post including friends on your restriction list.
Also, See How To Manage Your Money Efficiently | Proven Guides