Download Video From YouTube- YouTube is one of the most visited social media platforms with lots of videos, It’s like a storehouse of interesting videos available for users to view. Most TV series and Movies are exclusive to YouTube so you could stream them on YouTube.
More than 2 billion users visit YouTube, makes it the second most visited internet platform in the world. Second only to Facebook and closely followed by the likes of Messenger, WhatsApp and Instagram.
This platform has everything when it comes to giving users first-class TV entertainment on a plate of gold, But there is a little issue.
Unlike Netflix or any Online TV app, YouTube does not work on subscriptions. It also does not work like movie download sites where you can download any movie of your choice easily.
Most people prefer to be able to download and save videos to their devices so they could re-watch over and over again.
Not to worry we’ve got the perfect solution for you, download video from YouTube using these easy to follow steps.
How to Download Video From YouTube
The process is mainly categorized into two.
This is the common technique, you can save the video to view it later without having to connect to the web on the YouTube app. To do this follow these easy steps;
- Open the YouTube app and locate the video you want to download.
- There is an Add to Offline or Save icon just below the video, click on it.
- The Add to Offline icon could also be found on the menu bar.
- Follow the prompts from there to successfully complete your download.
The downside is it doesn’t save to your mobile device memory storage directly, you can only watch the video via YouTube app and there is a download duration. The video is bound to expire in which it will leave your offline videos page and will no longer be accessible unless you connect to the internet.
The second option has good results but can be quite complicated. The aim is to use YouTube video downloaders to download videos directly to your device. All you need to do is to just adhere to the steps and you would be fine.
For PC (Windows or Mac)
- Download Itubego, 4k Downloader or Keepvid PC set up from their respective website. www.itubego.com or keepvid.com.
- If you do not want to download the app to your system, locate the menu with the Download YouTube Video option. On keepvid website, the menu is at the top right corner.
- Most YouTube downloader software always has its menu at the side of the welcome web page.
- Run the set up on your system and install.
- Visit YouTube on your computer or desktop.
- Navigate to the video you wish to download.
- Click on the Share icon just beside the Save icon.
- A prompt with a list of platforms you could share the videos to will come up. Ignore unless you are looking to share the video on any of those platforms. Below the platform is the video link, copy it.
- Navigate to the app and open it.
- Click on the Enter Link tab at the top of the page. Paste the link you’ve copied from YouTube on that tab. You could use the menu which will provide you with a Paste option or ctrl + V combo on your keyboard.
- Click on Download now and select the format in which you want the video.
If you are using a Mac system, I would advise you to use the MacX YouTube Downloader. Follow the same process and you can successfully download any video from YouTube.
It’s basically the same steps just with different devices.
- Visit www.itubego.com, keepvid.com or www.tubemate.net and download any of the apps the website offers you. Since Google PlayStore does not have any of these apps, the website will be providing you with a safe apk version of their app.
- After successfully installing the app to your mobile device, open the app and grant all permissions it needs to function.
- Or You could easily visit their site and locate the menu button.
- Click on the menu button and select Download YouTube Video.
- These apps can stream videos on YouTube. So all you need do is to find the YouTube section and locate the video you wish to download.
- Find and tap on the download icon. It’s usually just below the video.
- Select the format you want the video to be downloaded in. Tubemate usually provides options for both video and audio resolution.
- Proceed to download.
For iPhone or ios operated mobile devices
This process will also work for Android Devices, but you will need to skip step one.
- Install Documents by Readdle from your mobile device app store. It’s a file manager and it’s very efficient when downloading videos from YouTube.
- Open YouTube and locate the video you wish to download.
- Tap on the Share icon just below the video.
- A prompt with platforms you could share the video to will come up. copy the link by using the Copy Link button just below the platforms.
- Open Documents and tap on the web browser icon.
- This will open a web browser page. Type on the search tab www.keepvid.pro or Savefrom.net.
- Tap on the three-line menu at the side and select YouTube Video Downloader.
- Paste the link you copied from YouTube on the tab.
- Click on Download Now and select the quality you want the video in.
Downloading videos from YouTube might seem complicated although, all you need is the right platform to do it and it would seem so simple.
Most of these platforms are simple video converters, the basic step to take is to copy the link of the video you want to download from YouTube and paste it on the platform. Also, most of these platforms have it’s app download link on their website, assuming you plan on downloading videos from YouTube frequently, you should download the app.
In conclusion, downloading from YouTube is cool, but you are not meant to download all kinds of videos. If you’ve been through YouTube terms and conditions of use, you’ll be familiar with this. Download only videos that have the download options attached to them.