Telegram Messenger App Download Free – Looking for an alternative to WhatsApp and its new dreadful Facebook kind of policies, Telegram might be the next big thing for you. WhatsApp is the most active social media messaging platform with over two billion active users. Still, its competition gets better by the second with its controversial privacy policies and back to back updates.
On the other hand, Telegram is one of WhatsApp’s most influential rivals, has most of its strength but none of its weaknesses.
Features Of Telegram
Telegram is an instant messaging app meaning it works similarly to WhatsApp with little or no difference. Check out this features;
- You know how WhatsApp only allows you to message your phone contacts. With Telegram, you can find people via location.
- Message Scheduling.
- Edit Sent Messages.
- Scheduling Messages isn’t the only “Email Feature” Telegram has. You can also arrange chats into folders.
- A huge library of Stickers, GIF, Emojis, and Themes.
- There is a reason groups are called “Channels” on Telegram with 200,000 persons per group limit.
- You can also have multiple Telegram accounts on one device.
- Advanced chatting security system, i.e., Chat locking, Secret chats, and so on.
Downloading Telegram Messenger App
Telegram reported a surge in downloads in the last few days given WhatsApp’s new policy update that allows it access to user’s private data. Telegram is just as good as WhatsApp and does not have privacy issues as WhatsApp managers, Facebook does.
The Telegram Messenger app is available on Android, IOS, and desktop devices, whether Windows or macOS. Visit your device’s designated app store to find the app.
Use the search tab by typing in “Telegram” and proceed to install the resulting app to your device.
Setting Up Telegram On Your Device
- Open the Telegram app on your device.
- Allow the permission it requires to function. Deny the ones you think it doesn’t need.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Next, a verification process through the mobile number you entered.
- Lastly, enter your names.
Once you are done, your contacts on Telegram will come up, and you can start messaging them. Tap on any name or contact to open a chat window so you could instantly message them.
The “Tick” icon would appear, suggesting your message has been sent. A double tick icon means it’s been viewed, not necessarily read. Use the “Pen” icon at the bottom of your screen to search for a particular contact.