Have you lost access to your account? If yes, then you are in the right place. To undergo the Microsoft Account Recovery process, one needs an active email account that you can easily gain access to. Through this email, Microsoft team can reach you providing you information on how you can access your Microsoft account.
If you don’t have an active account as it would be of great importance, you can create another account via Microsoft. Then, having done that, you can start on the Microsoft Account Recovery. On the course of action, you should know that some weighty questions would be asked of you such as the hardware ID of your Xbox Console that you use a lot, information about your email contacts, etc.
How to Recover Microsoft Account
Make sure you have an active account before starting this process so as they can easily get in touch with you. For you to have an advantage in recovering your account, make sure to use the same device in signing in to your account to begin the Microsoft account recovery. So, here are the steps in recovering your Microsoft account:
- Launch your browser and visit https://www.account.live.com/acsr.
- Input the username, phone number or the email address that you want to recover.
- Input the e-mail address that can be used in reaching you.
- To prove that you are not a robot, input the characters that are been displayed on the screen.
- Verify your contact email address.
- Input the security code sent to your e-mail address.
- Click on the verify button.
Try as much as possible to provide as many information you can when filling the recovery form even if you are not sure, your guessing might be correct; you never can tell. Once you are done filling the form, results would be forward to your email. If it is being solved, directives would be issued to you guide you in recovering the account.
How to Change Your Microsoft Account Password via Windows 10
Resetting or changing your password on the browser is quite different from that on the Windows OS such as Windows 10. With the Microsoft account, it’s easy to perform so many operations on the windows OS. It provides you easy access to their websites or applications such as Skype, Xbox or any of their products and services. In changing your password, you need to open launch the windows on your pc and follow these guidelines:
- Tap on the Windows icon on your taskbar.
- Right-click on your account.
- Click on change your account settings.
- Click on Sign-in options.
- Tap on the change button.
- Input your current password.
- Click on the sign-in button.
- Input your current password one more time and enter your new password twice.
- Click on the Next button.
- You would be prompted to lock your screen and log in through your new password.
- Click on the finish icon.
- Lock your screen and sign in again.
As easy as ABC, no stress, you have finally had your Microsoft password changed. You can now log onto your account using your new password.