How to Restore Deleted Instagram Post – Instagram developed a new feature that allows users to find posts, photos, or videos that they’ve deleted. Prior to this development when an Instagram user deleted a post on Instagram, it’s almost impossible to retrieve the post.
Deleting a post on Instagram is one of those bad things that aren’t really talked about. Spent hours working on a post just to make it perfect and somehow you manage to hit the delete button mistakenly or in a short moment of indecisiveness.
Restoring Deleted Instagram Posts
In almost every social media network, once a post is deleted, there is no way of getting it back. Yes, there might be some tricks but there are none as straightforward as Instagram’s new retrieval method.
Previous Recovery Method For Deleted Photos On Instagram
Do you know there is a section in your device’s gallery dedicated to pictures or videos you’ve posted on Instagram. Navigate to your device’s gallery, in the list of albums page; locate an album named “Instagram”.
IOS devices also have a recently deleted section in the photos app that stores media contents for up to thirty days after deletion. Using Photo recovery software would also work but wouldn’t be as effective if you backed up your device’s file.
How to Recover Deleted Instagram Posts
Open the Instagram app and sign in to your account;
- Tap on the profile tab at the bottom right corner.
- On your profile page, hit the hamburger menu (three lines) at the top right corner.
- From the list of options, select “Settings”.
- Next, “Recently Deleted”. This will redirect you to a page containing all the recently deleted Instagram posts from your account.
- Find the post you wish to restore and tap on the “Restore” button to get it back.
Note that like the deleted photos recovery process on the iOS photos app, Instagram also hoards deleted posts for only 30 days.