There are dating apps and sites all over the world, different ones created to work differently. But there are some things unique and profound about the Facebook dating feature. Facebook helps connect people all over the world.
By processing data based on your activities on Facebook, Facebook can recommend a friend you could like or want. Most times those recommended friends are always people you’d know or people you’d like. There is a popular saying that “says if you wish to date me, befriend me first”.
Facebook is good with connecting people from all over the world as friends, using the experience above, how do you think it will do with connecting love?
Facebook Dating Features
The social media platform, Facebook just got into the online dating business, with a lot of competition, they would prefer to stand out. Apps and Platforms like Tinder, Bumble, BPM, and so on have been there and recorded quite a lot of success. Now the question is how far does Facebook have to go to beat them at their game?
- Facebook Dating operates Independently. It is not dependent on Facebook activities, this implicates that to use Facebook dating, you will need to create a different secret account on Facebook. So yes, Facebook dating supports privacy, secrecy and security.
- Facebook promised not to sell data of Facebook Dating users, so nobody is selling anyone’s information this time, at least legally.
- It does not have a separate app yet and is available to all devices using the regular Facebook mobile app.
- Facebook dating is not available to all countries yet, just about 20 or so. Most in South American countries like Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile e.t.c. and European countries like the U.S. Not to keep listing, I will touch how to find out if the Facebook Dating feature is available in your country.
- Facebook uses the information on your dating profile you provided and some of your activities on Facebook to suggest people to you on Facebook dating.
- You could explore people’s profiles with different pictures and answers to interesting questions. If you are interested in a person from viewing the person’s profile, there is a heart button to click on. if you’re not, there is also an “X” button.
- Profiles just include the regular how to know people questions. Questions like address, job, title, name, company, schools, marital status, gender, what you are looking for and so on.
- To message anyone on Facebook Dating, you must first be matched. Therefore there is no room for unnecessary messaging or spam messages.
- You could also integrate Instagram with your Facebook Dating profile. This widens your chance of getting someone.
- Share your Plan feature allows you to tell people on Facebook what your date is about. For instance, if you are going on a first time date with your Facebook match, you could use this feature to inform family and friends about your location.
- Then there is the secret crush feature. This feature allows you to add up to nine people to a secret crush list thereby sending notifications to whoever you added. If the feeling is mutual, there’s a match.
How to Access Facebook Dating
It’s easy and it’s free, primarily you must have a Facebook account and you must be 18 and above. Also note that this feature comes with an updated version of Facebook, so before checking, make sure your Facebook app is updated to the latest version.
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Check the menu, just by the left side of your news feed page.
- Scroll down till you come across “Dating”, Just below Crisis Response.
- Click on it and start setting up your secret profile.
- Answer all questions and fill all tabs correctly. This will help Facebook create close to perfect date suggestions for you.
This is all I can tell you, but not all you can experience. The feature is secure and safe to use so please feel free to solve the love puzzle of your life.