WhatsApp Business- The importance of social media platforms cannot be overlooked in today’s world because of apps like WhatsApp. WhatsApp was more like a conventional messaging application, just end to end encrypted messaging; Until Facebook acquired the app for $21.8 billion dollars on 19th February 2014 and a lot of changes were made.
So far WhatsApp has become one of the best messaging apps ever, and now there is a Business Whatsapp. Earlier this year Whatsapp hit 2billion users. That’s great improvement almost meeting Facebook 2.5 billion active users.
WhatsApp read and receive signals features which makes messaging very fast and is probably one of the reasons why an average of 65 billion messages are sent daily on the app. To be honest, the app is becoming a little bit too crowded.
Why WhatsApp For Business
Basically, as the name implies for businesses. it provides all basic features for marketing and advertising your business online.
It might also be to reduce the crowd on the regular WhatsApp. Since we have people using the Status feature of the regular WhatsApp to advertise and showcase their businesses.
WhatsApp for Business has policies. This policies do not tolerate spamming, unnecessary messages and are specific on the products and services that are banned.
It does not also allow users to use the same number used for Personal or Regular WhatsApp for a Business WhatsApp account. Speaking of accounts, there are two types.
Types Of WhatsApp Business Account
WhatsApp Business Account
This is for small businesses, a way to separate your personal account from your business account. So communicating with customers is made easy and simple. It works like a regular WhatsApp account, just in a business way.
WhatsApp Business API
These type of accounts are for the large companies because it interacts with customers or users on a larger scale. To create this kind of account you need a permit from Whatsapp and it’s not entirely free.
This type of account charges for messages although Whatsapp won’t charge for incoming messages and if you respond to your messages quickly. The charges are calculated depending on the destination of your messages.
The API account work like an agreement between Whatsapp, You and a Partner (SMS providers). Unlike the first kind of account, under normal conditions, customers have to message first.
Session Message: The free messages WhatsApp won’t charge for. For a message to be a session message, it must be responded to within 24 hours.
Template Message: These kinds of messages incur a fee and you will need WhatsApp approval to do this kind of messaging. Replying to messages not responded to after 24 hours is Template Messaging.
This messaging law applies to the API account. WhatsApp API account was created as an avenue for large businesses to respond to their customers. The last thing anybody wants is a Large firm like Pepsi messaging them about promos because they might begin to think it’s a scam especially when it doesn’t come in the form of an ad(s).
- Both business accounts have auto messaging and reply feature. But the API account can go a little bit further by adding a Customer Relationship Management system feature.
- When it comes to broadcasting, like the regular Whatsapp, Business Account is better. It can send broadcasts to not more than 256 contacts at once. Doing that with API account will warrant you using a paid-for Template kind of Messaging.
- The API kind of accounts is for large businesses so it allows access through multiple users or devices unlike the business account. For a Business account, you’d have to get a new sim or device.
- The API requires the customers to message first before a conversation could kick-off unless you are willing to do Template Messaging. Business account is flexible when it comes to messaging.
How to Download the WhatsApp For Business App
Downloading the WhatsApp Business App is like any other normal app with few exceptions. Follow the guidelines below;
- Get a new number or sim and if necessary, a new device ready. This is not nedded if you have a number not yet registered with Whatsapp.
- Visit your app store and search for WhatsApp Business.
- Click on it thereby proceeding to download.
- After installing it, it’s time to set it up. It’s easy if you are opening a WhatsApp Business Account. Do note that you can’t use your regular WhatsApp number for that.
- For a WhatsApp API account, you need approval from a WhatsApp partner.
The WhatsApp for Business App will improve your business relationship with customers by creating a safe and encrypted communication system.