Gmail Login- Gmail is an email service owned by Google launched on the 1st of April 2004. It has a storage space of up to 15 gigabytes although you could increase it to 30 terabytes by doing subscriptions. Its software design and the interface are classic making it easy for users to access and use their mailing service.
Gmail separated messages coming into users’ inbox into different boxes thereby giving users an idea of the message they received before it is opened. These tabs are;
It uses tags to organize and label emails and was the first online mailing service that group messages between users unto a single page. This made sending messages using email look more like instant chatting. It supports over 70 different languages.
It also offers a program for businesses called G Suite. A different mailing service that allows email addresses with the customer’s domain name. For instance email@example.com.
G Suite also offers 30 GB of storage space for free or unlimited storage for those on subscriptions and a synchronized connection with other mailing services company.
Why Sign Up For Gmail
Gmail has lots of unique features for an email service. I will list some of these features to encourage you to open a Gmail account.
- Schedule or time when you want emails to be sent.
- Smart Compose: A feature that assists you in composing messages. This feature can be found under Settings>General>Writing Suggestions.
- Get Notifications for Specified emails. You could do this when you want to prioritize some emails by visiting Gmail’s setting.
- Send and Request Money using Google Play services through Gmail services.
- You can also see your inbox offline via your web browser. To do this open a web browser, chrome preferably and type mail.google.com. Make sure you’ve enabled this feature on the web browser Gmail settings first by checking the Offline Tab.
- You could easily change the theme and look of your Gmail Interface.
- Use the Google Translate feature to translate the language of your emails. This Feature is under the Menu, the three dots at the top right corner of your Gmail page.
- Save attachments on emails to Google Drive.
- Having a Gmail address enables you to use the Google Classroom Feature.
- A dark mode.
How to Sign Up and Log in to Your Gmail Account
It’s very easy to get a Google Mail account.
- Go to www.gmail.com and click on Create Account.
- Fill the registration form that follows.
- Create a username (email address) and Password. Try to create a unique password you’d remember.
- Enter your Phone number to verify your account. A message will be sent to the number you entered containing a code. Fill in the code in the verification box and click on Next to proceed.
Congratulations, you’ve successfully created a Gmail account. To login to Gmail, just follow the steps below.
How to Login to Your Gmail account
- Go to gmail.com. A new page will come up with an email address box to fill.
- Enter the email address you used in the account’s creation and click on next.
- Type in the account’s password you used in the account’s creation.
- If it’s a new device or a strange device, you might be asked to go through some verification process. In most cases, a text message that has a code will be sent to your mobile number. Just enter the codes into the verification box.
For the last guide, in case you forget your password.
- On the sign-in page, enter your email address and click on Forgot Password.
- This will take you to a recovery page. You will be asked to verify the mobile number registered with the account with some missing digits in it.
- Verify it and a code will be sent to that mobile number. Enter the code into the verification box and proceed.
- Create a new password, but try to keep this one safe so you don’t need to go through this process anymore.